Friday, March 4, 2011

It's All About the Clothes!!

Mike and I have been working deligently over the past two weeks -hitting the OMNI Club in Fort Myers doing the "Fit Challenge".  While Mike only works out in the "Boot Camp" - I've been adventureous in the other classes other than Boot Camp - like Fight Club, Zumba and working out with my great personal trainer Wendy. (who picked me because of my grey pumps - remember??)  I have been loving it. 

And of course, you remember that the scale needle (or the digital numbers) haven't moved much of anywhere.  And that's pissed me off tremendously!  But today I have on my skinniest of jeans that I could not zip up three weeks ago - when I decided to throw myself into this challenge!  I bought these (last year!!!) after I lost my weight and before I got lazy and stopped doing anything.  My size 8 skinny CAbi jeans.  And they fit. 

So there.  Even though the scale didn't move.  The prove is always in the clothes!!!  I'm determined to continue and try another pair of jeans that were a bit snug a few weeks ago - ok - very snug.  (so much I put them in the other room for future try ons!)  I'll try those next week!!  (or the week after.....)

As I was working out the other night - doing Fight Club and working my legs, I took a look at those lovely things my sisters and I call - CHEN thighs.  Something we inherited from our dad's side of the family - and something that has always driven me crazy.  Now mind you - I can always hide my CHEN thighs in the right clothing - there are always forgiving things you can do with clothes that make even the ugliest of features look ok.  And I've perfected that to an art - a shopping art!!  But standing there doing my squats in my spandex tight workout clothes - those lovely features stick out like a sore thumb.  A very big elephant in the room, so to speak.  Well, at least to me!  You can can't hide in the workout room - or in spandex workout clothes - that's for sure.  Ugh.  So far to go.

And someday, after numerous Zumba lessons, I hope to find the "inner Latino" in me - and get those moves that my Zumba teacher Rebecca does.  The Chinese genes did not supply me with the ability to move like she does!  I really think Latinos come out of the womb moving like that - to everyone else it's a learned trait.  A few more classes and I hope to move somewhat like her.  The simple fact that when she moves up on the stage with the wind from the fan blowing through her long black hair and when she's done with class she doesn't look like a drowned rat like me.....well....I'm not sure how much hope there is for that!   But I will keep trying.

So, hopefully, I will discover more clothes that were a bit tight and aren't so much anymore.  Because, it is all about the clothes, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment