Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Forgive me shoppers, I haven't been blogging!

It's been crazy.  Sarah was home for Spring break - kind of.....I mean she strolled in Sunday night (I think classes were done like Thursday??).  Headed to Orlando on Tuesday - back to Fort Myers on Weds., out to Ft. Lauderdale on Thursday; Fort Myers late Friday night - then, oh, back to Gainesville on Saturday.  So, I think we saw her like 36 hours?  And my only "real shopping" excursion was to Target!  Which believe me, can be quite costly, if you know what I mean! 

Then, my great friend Cate arrived from Canada - ready to shop like we were so used to doing when we can get together!  (It has been a long time, since she took three very long years to go to law school.)  So, with my "monthly stipen" on $100 in hand, I hit to the malls.  After careful consideration - combing the internet for what was out there and geez, what do I need.....I settled on some great comfy Clarks shoes - from the awesome people at Clarks Shoes in Coconut Point- to take on my upcoming trip to Greece!  That and a blue and white striped shirt - because hey, that's what is cool with white pants this year, don't you know.  And, my shopping excursion is done!

I haven't missed a whole lot shopping.  Seems like those styles from high school are creeping back again.  And, not really being too fond of them back then, I'm not jumping on them now - since I'm not really the high school clothes kind of girl right now!!  (not even the mother of a high school girl anymore!)

I have been working out.  A lot.  This Fit Challenge is....well, challenging!  In that I'm trying to get my butt our of bed early (which it doesn't really like) and I have been depriving myself of all those yummies (which I don't really like!)  But, I do like working out - discovering Boot Camp, Fight Club, Zumba and other forms of physical torture that are getting this body in some sort of shape.  My core is getting stronger - even if that number on the scale isn't what I want it to be.  I'm working on it.  Like everything in my life....it's a process.  I'm learning to be accountable - in all sorts of ways - and having control.  Control of portions - money (i.e. spending) - oh, what else!  But that morning thing....oh, that's hard. 

My most important purchase has been a new sports bra.  After all, support is good from all areas, right?  I'm there for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment