Friday, October 21, 2011

It's been so long (almost 5 months??)

I haven't been blogging.  I have been doing some shopping. So, my year of "no shopping" has turned into a year of "some shopping".  Maybe that's why I haven't been blogging, because I couldn't really be honest with the whole "no shopping" thing. 

I have finished an (almost) six month fitness program, so I felt like rewarding myself with some new hip clothing.  Not that I didn't have new hip clothing in my closet, but I guess I like trying on new clothes and buying new things.  (that isn't anything new, which is the bulk of the problem!) 

I'm not "not shopping", but I'm not buying as much as I did before, you know?  I still like the occassional bargain - I did get some cool designer jeans, "Seven for Mankind" and "Red Engine"- a great find at my consignment shop/friend's alert message - buyouts from a store that went out of business.  So, I'm thinking my $ 180 jeans that I got for $ 37 was a great deal.  And I bought some for Sarah as well.  And my *** (that's 3 Dot for you non-shoppers) dress that I got for $ 35.  I do relish in getting great deals. 

I went to NYC went my hubby - who showered me with birthday celebrations - jewelry, surprise party - and I was totally surprised!!! - and a trip to NYC (a place he doesn't really like to go to.....).  We had a wonderful time - so much that I just might have to start travelling more with him!  (I think I might have commited to a bowling trip in May???).  Anyway, my sister Nina met us there - and that could only mean SHOPPING!!! 

We did the obligatory trip to Chinatown to scoop up some great "imitation" goodies.  I love my excursion to Chinatown - the crazy Chinese people, the ducks in the window with their heads on, the dim sum, even the fish market doesn't bother me.....well, maybe the eels kind of freak me out - oh and those GIANT frogs....ick.  I have to say, I like being whisked off into the alley ways and going into the little side places with the rows and rows of great fabulous fakes.  No more.  It ain't the same.  Little Asian (not sure it they are Chinese - maybe Taiwanese) men - hook you up with Asian chicks - who shove folded pictures of purses in rows and different colors.  Then they radio some other Asian person, while you wait on the street corner.  Then they bring you something in a black plastic bag.  This is no fun.  All the fun is gone I say!!!  Disappointed.

I did find a guy with some "imitation bags" on the street - actually some nice looking fakes - I think the guys was from South America or an Island (are they the new Chinatown???).  But, by this time, my husband was asking the age old question, "how many purses do you need?"  Like I could ever answer a silly question like that!!!  Need.....or want......or have to have??????  So many different anwers.

I promise to blog.  I can't say that I promise to not shop.  I am hunting down some holiday gifts, so that might kill my urge for myself.  I'm still working on my addicition.  I think I will always have my addiction - but try to sustain it a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment